- Press and hold the Alt key, followed by the x key. Then release
- An alternative is to press and release the ESC key, then
press the x key.
- You will see the progress of entering this key sequence at the
bottom of the Emacs window, and not necessarily where the cursor
Last modified: Fri Jan 19 01:14:09 HST 2018
- Press and hold the Ctrl key, followed by the u key. Then release
- Press 0 (the zero key, not the letter O).
- Press M-x
- Type byte-recompile-directory, then press enter.
- Now it asks for the directory to recompile. Edit the line to
read c:\Program Files\emacs\site-lisp\ (unless you
installed emacs in a different directory). Note: You can use
either forward slashes or back slashes when specifying the path
- Close Emacs once the compiling is done. (it should compile about